Ficulle has preserved its genuine medieval aspect over the centuries. Still surrounded by walls, which give it a peculiar pseudo-elliptical plan, the village is dominated by its oldest nucleus, Castel Maggiore, with the two fortresses placed at the ends. The historic center develops around corso della Rinascita and the characteristic square, from which the suggestive alleys that separate the ancient buildings of Ficulesi, often decorated with terracotta or wrought iron artifacts, branch off. The thirteenth-century Church of Santa Maria Vecchia is also of particular importance. In the heart of the historic center is the Church of Santa Maria Nuova, built in the 17th century. Finally, Ficulle hosts a sanctuary: it is the Church of the Madonna della Maestà, located about half a kilometer south of the historic center.
The eastern part is covered with green forests, which have sometimes preserved places with a thousand-year history. One of them is the Abbey of San Niccolò al Monte Orvietano, dating back to 1007.
Another medieval jewel of Ficullo rises, however, in the southwestern portion of the municipal territory. It is the Castello della Sala, built in 1350.
The area of the badlands is also an unmissable place for its singular charm.
Ficulle is the cradle of artisan traditions that for centuries have made them shine all over the world. Above all, there are two: the working of wrought iron and the production of ceramics.