Cannobio

The rest area

Municipal area on the bank of the Cannobino stream, 300 m from the historic center, with 55 camper places, electric connection, barbecue area, toilets and unloading area outside the area.
Payment by parking meter, only banknotes are accepted.
Parking is allowed for a maximum of 3 days.

Street address:

Via San Rocco – 28822 Cannobio (Verbano-Cusio-Ossola)

GPS COORDINATES:

N 46.061783, E 8.692234

All the services

Accesso a pagamento

Entrance fee

Apertura annuale

Annual opening

Allacciamento elettrico

Electric connection

Carico Acqua

Water load

Scarico acque reflue

wastewater discharge

Scarico wc chimico

Cassette emptying service

WC (1)

Toilet

Fondo pavimentato

Paved Fund

Illuminato

Illuminated Area

Market

Market

Centro commerciale

Shops

Area Barbeque

Barbeque area

Parco Giochi

playground

Animali ammessi

Pets Allowed

More Info

Located along the shores of Lake Verbano, Canobbio is the last Italian town on the west side of the lake, at over 214 meters above sea level.
The origins of the town are very ancient and it is thought that it was founded in Roman times, as evidenced by some recent findings.

In the historic center there are numerous architectural buildings: the nucleus of the fourteenth-century bell tower and Palazzo della Ragione (1291), Casa Pironi, an elegant medieval building and the facades of the Omacini lakefront. For the quality of the water and the positive environmental characteristics, Cannobio was awarded the Blue Flag from 2002 to 2007, a prestigious international recognition.

On the lakefront and along the streets that go up to the state road, you can admire the sixteenth-seventeenth-century buildings. Walking through the ancient cobbled streets it is possible to discover the 12th century Palazzo della Ragione and the Torre del Comune, the 15th century Casa dei Pironi, the 16th century Sanctuary on the lake, the 18th century Collegiate Church of San Vittore.

In Traffiume there is the Orrido di Sant’Anna: it is a bubbling waterfall, carved into the rocks by the waters of the Cannobino stream; nearby there is a small church from 1665 dedicated to the Saint.

A pleasant excursion, from the lakeside promenade on the road to Cannero, leads to the village of Carmine Superiore which stands alone on a spur of rock overlooking the lake. Here the Church of San Gottardo was built.

Although called Castelli di Cannero, the two rocky islets that still bear the remains of ancient fortifications now in ruins belong to the municipal territory of Cannobio.

Around

Castles of Cannero

Orrido di S.Anna

Wonderwood

Carmine Superiore

Mount Jupiter

Useful links

Municipality of Cannobio

Pro Loco

tel: +39 0323.71212

Tourist guide

To always stay informed Subscribe to the ACTItalia Newsletter